The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is a content- rich programme based on the British curriculum (GCSE). The University of Cambridge International Examination has developed it. Cambridge IGCSE is one of the world’s best international qualifications for students under 14-16 years. Compared with other boards IGCSE offers more options, which means more subjects. They offer more than 70 subjects, including 30 languages.
Cambridge offers a range of Cambridge International AS (Advanced Subsidiary) & A (Advanced) Level qualifications which takes around 2 years to complete. The curriculum is divided into two parts, with one part studied each year. Part 1 is AS Level and Part 2 is called the A2 Level. The combination of AS Level and A2 Level forms A Level qualification. In AS and A level there are around 80 subjects available. Students can continue with subjects taken in Class 11 and 12 or opt for new subjects.
IGCSE Global Perspectives
IGCSE, AS & A Level are Classes under Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE). Both in India and abroad many schools are affiliated with CAIE.
Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives focuses on the development and application of skills. Candidates acquire knowledge that will help them for further study in the future. In order to develop transferable skills candidate must do the following:
- Research, analyse and evaluate information
- Develop and justify a line of reasoning
- Reflect on processes and outcomes
- Communicate information and reasoning
- Collaborate to achieve a common outcome
Every candidate takes three mandatory components and become eligible for grades A* - G
Component – 1 (35%)
- Written Examination for (70 marks)
- Number of questions – 4 compulsory questions (question 1- 12 marks, question 2- 14 marks, question 3- 20 marks, question 4- 24 marks)
- Time Duration – 1 hour 15 minutes
Note: Questions will be based on a range of sources. Sources will be related to a global issue from a range of perspectives, personal, local or national, global, and will be chosen from a list of eight topics and will be assessed externally.
Topics/ global issues for component 1 are:
- Demographic change
- Education for all
- Fuel and energy
- Law and criminality
- Transport systems
Component – 2 (30%)
- Individual Report (60 marks)
- Candidates research on a topic area of personal, local or national and global significance.
- Submit a report based on their research.
- The title is given by candidates themselves.
- Word limit- 1500–2000 words (must be in continuous prose).
Note: This report will be set internally and externally marked. Topics must be chosen from the below list.
Topics for component 2 are:
- Belief systems
- Biodiversity and ecosystem loss
- Changing communities
- Digital world
- Humans and other species
- Sustainable living
- Trade and aid
Component – 3 (35%)
- Team Project (70 marks)
- Candidates plan and develop a collaborative project on a topic.
- The Team Project has two elements:
(1) Team work carries (10 marks), in this candidates as a team present a single outcome and an explanation as a Collaboration (the Explanation must be of 200–300 words).
(2) Personal work carries (60 marks), in this candidates write a Reflective Paper explaining about their personal research, effectiveness of outcomes and overall learning. work must be within 750-1000 words excluding bibliography.
Note: This work will be Internally assessed and externally moderated.
Topics for component 3 are:
- Conflict and peace
- Disease and health
- Human rights
- Language and communication
- Poverty and inequality
- Sport and recreation
- Tradition, culture and identity
- Water, food and agriculture
IGCSE , AS & A Level results website
Cambridge International Exams (CIE): Online results service
IGCSE Past Papers & marking schemes- https://www.klminstitute.com/pastexampaper
AS Level Past Papers & marking scheme- https://www.klminstitute.com/pastexampaper
A Level Past Papersm & marking schemes- https://www.klminstitute.com/pastexampaper
IGCSE AS A Level Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoqI7C9rI2UbFPITF2bPgnQ
IGCSE Global Perspective articles - https://blogs.klminstitute.com/
AS Level Global Perspective articles - https://blogs.klminstitute.com/
A Level Global Perspective articles - https://blogs.klminstitute.com/
List of IGCSE schools in India-
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1103 (IGCSE schools in Noida)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1104 (IGCSE schools in Mumbai)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1105 (IGCSE schools in Pune)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1106 (IGCSE schools in Mysore)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1107 (IGCSE schools in Vishakapatnam)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1108 (IGCSE schools in Ahmedabad)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1109 (IGCSE schools in Chennai)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1111 (IGCSE schools in Coimbatore)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1112 (IGCSE schools in Bangalore)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1113 (IGCSE schools in Dehradun)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1114 (IGCSE Schools in Delhi)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1115 (IGCSE schools in Gurgaon)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1116 (IGCSE schools in Hyderabad)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1117 (IGCSE schools in Kolkata)
https://www.klminstitute.com/pagedetail/1118 (IGCSE schools Lucknow)
Connect with the expert online and offline for IGCSE guidance and achieve excellent scores.